Thursday, October 9, 2008

Eye Candy: Michael Kors Ready-to-Wear, Fall 2008

I know the economy is in the doldrums, and I suppose fashion should be the farthest thing from my mind right now, but I had to share one of my favorite lines for this Fall. Some people like drowning their sorrows in pints of Ben and Jerry's; I like drowning mine in admiring clothes I can't afford! Yes, I know, all the Fall fashion lines are so two seasons ago (after all, that's when they debut), but for us "Ready-to-Wear" set there is no practical point in previewing the clothes a season or two beforehand, when summer dresses and wedge heels are still on our minds. Right? (Until I land my dream job as a fashion mag editor, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Which brings me to the Michael Kors Ready-to-Wear Fall 2008 line. I've always loved Michael's clean, classic and polished designs because of the generally retro 1950s Euro feel they tend to radiate. And, let's face it, the guy has a knack of working with modern yet quintessential color palettes. He's brilliant in the way he takes muted colors and brings them to life through the art that is his apparel. No "mother-of-the-bride" look (or so he calls it) here:

Jetsetting geek chic meets international spy, with just a kiss of fur (above). Loves it!

Perfect LBD (above). I'm sure you won't have to look far to find a cheap knockoff of this dress, but I think I may study the details and replicate it myself with some deep plum satin I bought!

Normally I'm not a huge floral print fan, but the dress above is simply divine! The lines are spectacular, while the cinched waist, alluring neckline and movement to the bottom-half make this one of my favorite dresses in the line!

This is my favorite dress/look of the show (above). It's subtly understated, but incredibly statement-worthy. Classy, chic...what more could a girl want?


It's all so Brigitte Bardot meets Fellini's La Dolce Vita meets Shag art. We likesies. Now if only this loot was affordable, and not just a form of escape! [Style.com]

4 comments:

Budget Mama said...

Wow, those are very nice designs. I pretty much liked them all!

kokostiletto said...

wow. i think i seriously loved every single item in this collection! and you are right. that is the perfect LBD!

beautyparler said...

I love his designs for Fall'08. Very librarian wants to shag in the back storage room.

Crystal said...

I completely agree, beauty parler!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin