Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Blog award!

The always-stylish Chelsa Bea over at Pencil Skirts & Pearls passed on the "Love Ya" award to me and a handful of other bloggers yesterday. I love Chelsa's blog for its simplicity and class, and always look forward to reading her musings on timeless fashion whenever they pop up in my reader. This award is slightly different than other blog awards that have been passed to me:


About the Award:

Apparently this award is bestowed on to blogs that are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this text into the body of their award.

I love it because my blog is about more than just me navigating my way through life -- it's a way to network with people across the country and around the globe. And I've "met" some fabulous people so far! I look forward to getting to know you all a lot more through your blogs and twitter. Unfortunately I can only pick eight bloggers, so don't feel left out if you're not on it as I love reading you all.

I pass this award on to:

Carrie ... On The Cheap
A Cat of Impossible Colour
She's Little and Lovely
Out of the Past ~ A Classic Film Blog
Retro Ways: Vintage Fashion and History
My Pretty Pennies
Boubou Teatime
Amber's Lust for Life

10 comments:

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write said...

Very cute. Your blog is charming, very much so. You write like a writer, and I love that. :) I've always wished I did (since I was dubbed "the writer" in like Elementary School or something), but I don't. I'm finally grown up enough to be okay just writing like me. Guess I have no choice, ya? So, is your book fiction? I'm currently writing nonfiction, but I wrote fiction for the NanoWriMo event last November. 50,000 words in 30 days - phew!

Carrie...On The Cheap said...

Hooray! Thanks so much! I showed this to Lloyd and he was so excited for me. He he.

It's pretty obvi that I love your blog as well! Your writing is very fun & inspiring to read!

Raquel Stecher said...

Thank you for the award! You deserve it for sure as your blog is one of my top favorites. ;-)

Stephanie said...

I'm going to spend some time tonight checking all of these blogs out. Thanks for letting us know about them and congrats on the award!

Jasmine @ Eat Move Write said...

PS Ms Crystal. I think you should check out this blog:
http://nathanbransford.blogspot.com/

These sorts of blogs will be handy someday, yes? :)

Have a beautiful writing day.

Andi said...

Thank you so much!! I must say I am very flattered!

I have been reading your blog since my friend "introduced" me and I look forward to each post!

Chicklit Addict said...

Fab blog - I can see why you've been handed the award!

Thanks for following me, I'll be an avid reader of your blog from now on, too.

Andrea Eames said...

So sorry, I only just saw this! Thanks so much for the award, lovely lady. :)

I second Mrs Myers' recommendation of Nathan Bransford's blog (although you've probably already read it). His guidelines for writing a good query letter helped me hugely (and got me an agent). ;)

Anonymous said...

i truly love all your posting taste, very attractive.
don't give up and also keep writing considering it just simply very well worth to follow it,
looking forward to browse a whole lot more of your own article content, stunning day!

Anonymous said...

You are a very smart person!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin