Monday, August 9, 2010

My Monday is my Friday


I woke up today around 6am (like I do every weekday) and began grumbling (like I do every weekday morning) about it being Monday/how much I hate waking up early/how comfortable the bed is as I awake in a small puddle of my drool/how I just want to hit snooze a COUPLE more times (and by a couple I mean about 12)/general things of that nature -- when it dawned on me:

I’m going to Cabo tomorrow. *suddenly alert, an evil smile unfurls slowly across my face as I giggle quietly, maniacally, under the covers*

Yeah, yeah, I’m excited about Mexico, but I’m also happy about my one-day work week. I’ve decided Mondays are so much better when they also double as Fridays. Perhaps the French are onto something.

Even better: today I get to leave the office for a handful of hours to head down to Palo Alto with one of my reporters to have lunch with a gaggle of litigators at their firm. (Apparently there is such a thing as a free lunch.)

After lunch I’ll have a couple more hours in the office then I’m off to pack a week’s worth of bikinis and one very large-brimmed, Elizabeth-Taylor-in-Puerto-Vallarta-circa- 1963-esque sunhat for lazing poolside. Oh and dresses and heels for salsa dancing at night. And maybe I should take boat shoes just in case I get all Old Man and The Sea on J and decide to go marlin fishing just for kicks. Ample opportunities abound south of the border.

Obvi, I won’t be posting for the next week or so, but I’ll share pictures (and hopefully some great stories) when I’m back. Cheers!

11 comments:

COL said...

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SurferWife said...

Oh my goodness, I am SO jealous.

Love, love, love Cabo! Have sooo much fun!!

Mandy said...

Have a wonderful trip! Please raise a glass to me on Thursday (my birthday) and we'll toast our good fortunes from afar! :-) I can't wait to hear about the adventures (and pony-tail yanking? ;-) that you'll encounter during this vacay!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

My goodness, that sounds heavenly! Enjoy your vacation! :)

CameronPoe2409 said...

Have a fab holiday!

The Depressed Yogi said...

sooooo jealous. have an amazing time - can't wait to see pics! i'm dying for a breach vacay.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time!

Brittany said...

Did you just get back?! Lucky you!! You have earned it, enjoy!

Legally Married said...

Hope you're having an excess of fun right about now! :)

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip! I hope you get a great tan and have lots of fun with your hubby! :)

Kathleen said...

Love your blog! Check out mine at http://nopantschallenge.blogspot.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin