Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What I'm looking forward to this month

1.) Mad Men finally returns


Um, has this show been off the air long enough for you all yet? Personally I've been dying -- the past 525 days of it being off air has resulted in me rewatching old episodes multiple times, along with Matt Weiner commentary, to sate my MM fix. I'm very curious to see where Season 5 will go...will Don and Megan actually marry? Will the season fast forward and start a year or two into their marriage? How will Pete be as a real father? Will Betty and Henry finally get a divorce, and if so, will she continue to try and get back into Don's good graces? Will Greg die in Vietnam and leave Joan free to carry on her dalliances with Roger? Would she even want to with Jane still in the picture and a baby on the way? Will Sally blossom into the flower child we all know she's going to be?

So many questions, so little answers in AMC's many teaser trailers. At least the premiere will be a two-hour event. March 25th: You can't come soon enough.

2.) Neiman Marcus opensNot like I'm in that echelon of people that can casually shop at Neiman's like it ain't no thang (yet), but Neiman's is opening in my town and I can't wait. Construction on the building wrapped up a while ago and it looks all retro and lovely as usual, with avocado-green glass panels and the store's classic signature logo pinned nice and high on the side. The day it opens, Neiman's is holding a VIP gala indoors with live music, champagne, decadent foods and other fun things that wealthy people commonly partake in. Unfortch tickets to this gala cost somewhere around $250 per person, and well, with remodeling underway and a baby in our future, $500 on a black-tie night in a high-end department store doesn't seem to be in the cards for J and I. Luckily Neiman's understand this and is hosting a big outdoor party the next evening with live music for the commoners.

3.) We find out what Peanut is!


March 27th is the big day for the gender ultrasound. Boy? Girl? At this point I don't really care. Prior to getting pregnant all I wanted was a little girl to dress up and take shopping with me and teach how to be a lady. Now that I'm with bébé, though, my desire to only have a girl has dissipated. I can still dress a little boy up very cutely (I'm thinking Janie and Jack preppy here) and have just as much fun with it. Plus it's not like this is going to be our one and only kid. Other babies will be in our future, so we'll have many opportunities to roll those dice.

5 comments:

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

It's going to be an exciting month for you all! What fun!

Linda said...

Can I tell you how nice it is to have you back. Yours was one of my favorites by far. Thanks for following my stupid blog. It's a stupid one. :).

I call Boy

Crystal said...

@Jessica I'm sure I'll have some great stories to tell from this month. :)

@Linda Aww, thanks! Your blog is NOT stupid, I'm actually glad you pinged me because I was wondering what happened to you. You look fab!! Keep up the good work. So far you're the only one who's called Boy, I have three others calling Girl. We'll see which one of you wins on the 27th. ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about MadMen!
Did you find out what you are having yet?

Crystal said...

@BessWess I'm so excited about Mad Men too! Haven't found out the sex yet -- we find out this Tuesday!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin