Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fashion on a Budget: The little black dress

Ciao, dahlings! I've decided to mix things up a little on this blog, since many of you not only want to learn the merits of saving and investing, you want to look fabulous while doing it, too! I spend quite a bit of time trolling the Internet for the best fashion I can find for my money, so every once in a while, I'm going to post simply divine deals I've found online that I think all savvy and stylish ladies on a budget simply must own.

I love designer pieces just as much as the next girl, but because my primary goal is to save rather than spend, part of the fun of shopping for me is finding the pieces that most closely resemble the ridiculously priced originals. Be it sunglasses or shoes, dresses or jackets, there is always a darn good imitation lurking somewhere in your nearest H&M, Forever 21, etc. that you can wear for a fraction of the cost. (If you can't get enough of fashion at a great price, check out one of my favorite frugal fashion blogs: Frugal Fashionista.)
Again, just because you're saving doesn't mean you can't look stylish! So, without further ado, what better place to start than with the Little Black Dress (or LBD, for all you girls in the know)? As I (hope) you all know, the LBD is a staple in any wardrobe ... especially when you can snag a tres chic one for only $20!

I recently found a fabulous strapless, knee-length LBD at Forever21.com (pictured above), price: $19.80. Its structure and cut is perfect for almost any body type! If black isn't really your thing, they also have it in a deep plum, which is the IT color (for the second year in a row) for Fall. Pair it with a cute pair of open-toe pumps, a clutch, gold hammered-hoop earrings (I just bought a pair by Ralph Lauren for $20 at Nordstroms!), and cardigan (if strapless isn't your thing, either). The possibilities are endless. In fact, at this price, I think I'm going to order it right now in both colors! Thoughts? Have you spotted any other cute, cheap LBDs recently?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great find! I was just daydreaming about a dress with that cut...

Crystal said...

I know, isn't it adorable?!

Cali Bar Girl said...

I found a great LBD for $8.98 at Steve and Barry's. It was part of Sarah Jessica Parker's Bitten line. Super cute. Actually, everything at this particular Steve and Barry's was $8.98!

Budget Mama said...

I actually don't own a LBD, I need to get one. That one is very cute.

Frugal in Virginia said...

I am looking forward to your fashion on a budget posts!

GAP outlets have also had a great LBD lately for $16. I bought one and love it! It's knee length and strapless. I've seen it at a couple different GAP outlet stores in the past month.

Crystal said...

cali bar girl and mrsadams06, both of you beat my $20 find! Good work! The cheaper the LBD, the more you have to spend on matching heels. ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin