Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Three years married (check)

Just wanted to post a quick Happy Anniversary to...me! (And J.) Today's our three-year wedding anniversary and though J will be studying for the Bar and I'll be in my office in the city all day we're going to make some time tonight to go out to a nice restaurant and make a toast to this crazy little thing called love. Back when we were this age:

(Yes, this is me wearing a Native American vest fashioned from a paper grocery bag as I play my oatmeal-can-turned-tom-tom-drum. In flip-flops and tapered sweatpants. Don't be jealous.)

we had no idea that someday, many years down the road, we'd meet through mutual friends and that overly talkative girl who once wore a grocery bag vest would be assigned to sit at J's table group in a certain math teacher's geometry class, and, nearly a decade later after non-existent contact, that girl would be the woman he'd spend the rest of his life with:


It's been a fun three years; here's to many, many more. Thanks for the laughter, my love.

12 comments:

paisley penguin said...

Happy anniversary! Great wedding photos!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

Congratulations! Those pics are adorable - and what a beautiful bride you were!

CameronPoe2409 said...

Congratulations, loved your pictures, your wedding pictures are lovely. Please do a post on where you go for your anniversary meal, I loved Scoma's at Pier 1 (I think that was the pier number) xx

The Depressed Yogi said...

Happy 3 years!!!

Maritza said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! May you have many, many more years together full of happiness and love.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!! Your pictures are just stunning! And that dress!

My husband will celebrate our third anniversary by studying for the bar, too. Fun times ahead!

Anonymous said...

It's a week of celebrations for you! Congrats on your three years of marriage. Enjoy your dinner with J.

KT My Lady said...

That is something to be celebrated. Beautiful photos! Totally had a similar Native American get up. In fact my whole Kindergarten class had them for our Thanksgiving program. I wanted to be an Indian so that my mom would have to make two braids in my hair instead of one.

Becca Christensen said...

Yay! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I hope you and J had a great evening!

Mandy said...

Happy Anniversary! Three years down and many more in the future! Enjoy each other.

P.s. - I love your homemade native outfit by the way! Priceless!

Anonymous said...

Those photos are amazing- happy anniversary!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin