Friday, July 2, 2010

Mad Men rules: A countdown to Season 4

In honor of the Mad Men Season 4 premiere this month (July 25th -- set your DVRs!), every Friday leading up to the fated night I'll be running a post related to the show and/or its actors. Today comes a short, fantastic video (via AMC) counting down the "rules" of Mad Men leading up to Season 4. Creator/writer/director Matt Weiner does a superb job of dissecting the basic elements (or rules) that make Men Men so brilliant and shows how those rules will carry into the new season:



My favorite rule? "Only boring people are bored." So true, Betty. So true.

And if it's been a while since you've Mad Men-ized yourself (or you simply have no clue what I'm talking about), AMC has a new "Mad Men Yourself" up on their website in honor of the new season! New backgrounds, new clothes and new accessories (because let's face it, there's something so devastatingly handsome about a man smoking a cigarette in a Brooks Brothers suit. At least in cartoon form.)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you're persuading me to add a new show into my rotation this season. ;)

Also, I love the Mad Men Yourself site - am going to use the pic as my new blog photo! Thanks! :)

CameronPoe2409 said...

I'm not an avid follower of Mad Men but thinks its really original and I love love the fashion and set design. You might be interested in the Guardian newspaper online blog for TV and radio. One of the blogs is for Mad Men as the UK has a good fanbase for the Man Men.

Anonymous said...

Swoon. I can not wait for Mad Men.

Emily said...

I am so excited to see the new season! Joan is my fave, she is the ultimate femme fatale! Nice blog:) x London Zest

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

K- I don't watch TV but I do watch shows online that have been recommended to me. I keep hearing about this show and am beginning to feel a bit left out.
I have heard it's worth it for the fashion alone. Guess I will have to break down and start season one!

Sheri said...

I absolutely love this show! I worked as a copywriter in the modern version of this very agency! LOL. I swear the boss looked and sounded exactly like the one on Mad Men!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin