Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Victory is mine

Guess who got a call yesterday for that editorial job? Me! I guess the stars really have aligned. I accepted the offer without a second thought and after getting off the phone I glided into my living room to tell J the good news. It basically looked like the final scene of The 40-Year-Old Virgin, except my good news came minus the headbands and tunics and rolling hills and colorful banners (unfortunately):

Mystic crystal revelations, reader-friends.

So to recap: I'm working in news (like serious making-a-difference kind of news -- no fluff here), I'm No. 3 on the editorial totem pole in the newsroom, and I'm getting paid (well!) for said job (read: I can actually buy stuff now! Who wants an island??)

Let's welcome the sun into its new age.

24 comments:

Serendipity said...

Congrats! That is so great!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!

Maria said...

Yay!!!!! So happy for you :)

Tami said...

Yayyyyyyy! seriously so happy for you!! :) gives me hope as a writer. congrats again! ;) xoxo

Andi said...

Congratulations! How wonderful!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You should be so proud! I want to be you. ;)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! I am so completely thrilled for you!

CameronPoe2409 said...

Congratulations!

paisley penguin said...

Awesome!

I'll take island of the Galapogos for $400 please Alex.

Anonymous said...

Amazing! So exciting to read this!

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy for you! This is going to be a great journey! I can't wait to read all about it. Post your first day outfit!

Lauren said...

Yey! Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

The stars have aligned indeed. Congrats!

Mandy said...

Way to go! I knew you'd land something soon.... who could resist your writing talent not to mention your flare for fun and charming personality! :-) Enjoy and best wishes! I'd love to read some of your work in the future... whether you post it here or send me a link to your publication.

Chelsea said...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU THAT I HAD TO WRITE IN ALL CAPS!!!! You deserve this, lady. Congratulations!

Jessica @ Wanting Adventure said...

What awesome news! :) :) :)

The Daily Connoisseur said...

Congratulations Crystal! I knew good things were coming your way. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new job!!!

AuntBT said...

Congrats!!!!!

Crystal said...

Thank you all for your wonderful congrats and support. I'm excited to start this Monday and hope it will give me all new fodder for the blog! ;)

Maritza said...

Congrats!! Sounds like a perfect fit!

Chris Rodell said...

That's great! I'm so happy for you.

Uh, have you become a big enough shot to hire . . . me!

Best of luck!

The Depressed Yogi said...

i am SO UNBELIEVABLY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, congrats, CONGRATS!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin