Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mad Men...at the mall?

My fellow Mad Men fans, the time has cometh!!

With Mad Men Season 2 about to be released on Tuesday, and Season 3 premiering on August 16th, my year is starting to look a whole lot more mad -- in a good way.

Banana Republic just announced late last week that they will be partnering with AMC to bring Mad Men-esque garb to malls across America. *Clasps hands in glee.* Now you, too, can dress like Joan, Betty or Peggy, even if you couldn't afford those Michael Kors ready-to-wear pieces last year. And if you've been wanting to get your guy into a Don Draper suit...well, they're going to be offering those too. (Swoon.)

Reuters is reporting that Banana Republic will be dressing all its mannequins in classic early ’60s styles and even offer a “Mad Men” style guide. (A little part of me just died happy.) As far as I'm aware of, the marketing event will start on July 21st.

I have a tendency to become obsessed with things I love, and this show has been my obsession du jour for the last year or so. With such little marketing merchandise out from AMC (I do covet this Sterling Cooper mousepad on Cafe Press, though. I know I'm such a nerd), I can't wait to get my mitts on a paper version of the Style Guide. And of course, I can't wait to check out the '60s styles in Banana Republic, which Reuters reports will be all about sharp suits, wide skirts, form-fitting sheath dresses, fedoras and pearls.

For a PDF version of the Style Guide, click here.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

What is this show all about?? I might have to check it out since you say it's so good. :) I need a new show!

Saving Cents in the City: said...

SO. EXCITED. :)

Stephanie said...

This is such good scoop. Thank you!

Viviana said...

Oh sounds so good. I hope Banana Republic in London does it as well. I want the booklet.

DS said...

I checked out the PDF file, it is fantastic! To be honest I have never seen the Mad Men show but I have always been intrigued by it. Perhaps I will have to rent the first season. What is the storyline all about?

CCmcluster@gmail.com said...

I caught an episode on accident not too long ago....seems like a good show and nice promo behind it.

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE JUST MADE MY DAY. Looks like my paycheck will be going to BR soon!

Emilita said...

I just ordered netflix and Mad Men is on my cue! I also adore this era of fashion and hope I get to watch the first series by the time the clothes come out, tee hee...

Crystal said...

So happy I have a mini-Mad Men fan club on here!! :D

For you chickadees that haven't seen it, it's a show about ad men on Madison Avenue (hence "Mad Men") in the early '60s and their lives at work, at home with their wives, their affairs, inner struggles, etc. According to my grandfather (who worked at an ad firm in SF during that time), the whole show is 100% accurate of how it was back then. Clothing, furniture, sets and story lines -- it's all fabulous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin