Thursday, July 16, 2009

Some random facts about me

I got tagged by Carolyn over at Hang on Little Tomato (thanks mon petit!) with a MeMe blog award to share seven random facts about myself, so without further ado:
  1. When I am deep in thought or stressed out, I incessantly pick at my nail polish, both on my fingers and toes. My husband doesn't think it's that charming when he finds little flecks of red polish on our coffee table, but I told him he married the whole package. ;)
  2. My favorite book is Les Miserables. I think it is one of the most perfect stories ever written.
  3. I used to ride horses regularly, and was pretty good at it. I rode English dressage and especially liked the knee-high boots, black velvet hat and riding slacks I got to wear.
  4. I live for raw brownie batter. If I'm having a bad day, a giant bowl of brownie batter and a Golden Girls DVD will make me happy again.
  5. I'm almost fluent in Farsi and am working on becoming fully fluent. I can understand about 90% of Persian conversation, but can only currently speak about 45 to 50%.
  6. I didn't pierce my ears until sophomore year of college because I am terrified -- I mean terrified -- of needles.
  7. When I was little, there was no gum allowed in my elementary school. Seeing this as an entrepreneurial opportunity, I snuck packs of gum (aka my contraband) in and sold individual pieces to my classmates as my own black market business venture. I was a bad kid.

7 comments:

Janine / Being Brazen said...

great list of random things.

Janine / Being Brazen said...

Ps - just found your blog and really like it :)

DS said...

If you lived nearby we would TOTALLY have a Golden Girls marathon party! LOL. I will bring sour cream & onion chips and I promise to share! I love that you sold pieces of "black market" gum as a kid, that is hilarious!

Carrie said...

I definitely do the toenail polish pick thing - so not attractive, but hey it's better than smoking! :D

Chloe (Naturally Frugal) said...

Ha ha, love the gum story! Seems like you were frugal from the get go!

Mandy said...

I've told several of my close friends that they'd best move down to Florida with me when we're in our 70's so we can have the Golden Girl life! :-) Gum is a respectable contraband at least. I used to sneak N.K.O.T.B. posters from the Rite Aid pharmacy. Yes, so sad. Jordan was my muse, what can I say? LOL!

The Depressed Yogi said...

HAHA I love these!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin