Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Little-known facts about yours truly

It's that time again, kiddies. Awards season is upon us. Thanks goes out to R. Wallis over at True Beauty who nominated me for a Kreativ Blogger award! This award, as with most blog awards, comes with the ol' post-seven-things-about-yourself provision, then nominate seven other blogs you like to do the same. (Why seven? I don't know.)

Here are my seven facts:
  • Even though I usually wish the best for people, I selfishly reviled in some news I heard recently about one of the "popular" guys from my high school that always had straight As, good looks, any girl he wanted (yes, I too liked him in 8th grade) and was destined for Harvard. Oh did I also mention he was a jerk in the vein of Mike Dexter in Can't Hardly Wait? Anyway according to Facebook he now lives in Philadelphia and is going to a third-tier medical school. Double whammy. So petty yet so satisfying. (The immature side of me wants to gloat: "That's what you get for being a prick to me in junior high!")
  • I take things too personally most of the time. I can't believe I'm admitting that here, but this post is supposed to be honest, so there you have it. Surprisingly I still consider myself a confident person, I just think I'm too sensitive and definitely too emotional. (Which is hysterical when things go well, not so funny when things go bad.
  • Part of me secretly wishes I could try this with my hair, even for just a day.
  • When I was a teen, there was nothing I wanted more than to be like Alicia Silverstone in Aerosmith's "Cryin" music video. Two words: Bad ass. How could you not be after bungee jumping off a freeway overpass in LA and flipping your good-for-nothing ex-boyfriend off? Yeah, exactly. Also loved her with Liv Tyler in the "Crazy" music video.
  • Though many of you probably think it's tacky, I adore leopard. It's my favorite print and I can't get enough of it. I was never all Liberace with it, but I've definitely toned down my obsession (my comforter, poppasan chair, bikini, makeup bag -- it all used to be leopard. Rowrrr.). Now only the inside lining of my handbag and my bikini are blessed with this print. Ugh, I've become so boring.
  • I have an odd fascination with the Kardashians. I have no idea why.
  • I might have mentioned this before, but I am deathly afraid of spiders, no matter what size. Every night, the last thing I do before I go to bed is scan the walls and ceiling for any spiders. It's become a ritual. I've actually found some before during my nightly scans and had J smash them after my freak-out sessions over spotting them. My advice to fellow arachnophobics out there? Don't leave any stone unturned ... especially if you don't want to wake up with a daddy longlegs crawling across your face. And if you're single, perhaps it's time to invest in one of these bad boys:

Yes, that is a distance bug vacuum. Brilliant.

I love all of you, but since I'm limited to this mysterious number seven, I nominate:

Mandy @ Mandy's Life After 30
Chloe @ Naturally Frugal
Carolyn @ Hang on Little Tomato
Penny @ La Belle Dame Sans Nice
Suzanne @ Tales of Extraordinary Ordinariness
Tamela @ A Brunette Making it One Day at a Time
Kevin @ Something Like That

13 comments:

Chelsea said...

Love the list. Thanks for sharing.

I totally think you should rock the leopard print. It can be such a fun detail to add to an outfit. If you got a fun skinny belt or a scarf in the print, you could add it to a LBD or monochromatic outfit and it would be so classy and fabulous! I really think you should do it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny said...

Holy Crap, Thank you! And I gotta say...I almost busted a gut seeing what you'd like to do to your hair...if only once. Let me tell you...if you ever do decide to do that....YOU MUST POST RESULTS!! YOU MUST...no if ands or buts...lol

Melissa said...

I want that vacuum.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am a little creeped out. I completely identify with number 1, 2, 4, and 6.
The Kardashians are fantastic. I am wishing that I was Armenian. I too am ultra sensitive, but very confident. HHHHMMMMM?
Good luck with the spiders. I don't have that problem. Thank God!

carrieonthechic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

I too am obsessed with the Kardashians and have no idea why. So glad I am not the only one!

Mandy said...

I have a hair appointment scheduled for tomorrow on my first day of FREEDOM - now I have a visual to show to my hair stylist for a new look. Thanks for that! ;-P

Oh, thank you for that very esteemed award! I am truly honored. Thank you so much!

I see nothing wrong with leopard prints. I think you make your own style and it should be fun that makes you feel good.

P.s. - I'm super emotional and sensitive too. I'm just good at hiding it on the exterior sometimes. I'm so dramatic too. And I have the even more dramatic daughter! Oh well, we're both really fun at parties, am I right?

The Depressed Yogi said...

LOVE THIS!!! Okay so I am totally guilty of #1 too (ALL the time altho in my case, ppl generally aren't getting what they deserve...hmph). I LOVE leopard and think you should rock it as well! And that bug vacuum? Uh huh yeah totally almost bought it after a FREAKY incident with a giant cockroach. I don't like spiders but I literally die if I see a cockroach.

Merci for the award!!

The Depressed Yogi said...

Oh and that hair scares the sh*t outta me. ;-)

Unknown said...

Are we sisters from anther mother or what! I would so love to have hat hair for a day just because I could! I also had a mad obsession with Alicia Silverstone in my teens...I will still watch Clueless if it is on We TV! But my favorite Alicia moment was definitely the Cryin video...I die! Oh, and I love Leopard as well. It's become a joke with the hubs and I because I own so much of it. Just last night I picked up my new Glamour and there on the last page of Do's and Don'ts was the Snow Leopard print plastered across the page! The hubs was like "You're still a Do!" Dang right I am :) No, serioulsy the Do's were fantastic and totally wearable by me and the Don'ts were spandex!

Chloe (Naturally Frugal) said...

Oh hooray! Thanks for the nomination, it totally made my day and now I have another thing to do to waste time at work.

Love it and I love your responses! You can totally pull off leopard and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise!

oilandgarlic said...

I love leopard (and snake and zebra) but definitely try to keep this love in check! I thought for sure you must be a Leo. Turns out you're an Aries but it had to be a fire sign.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin