Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Simple is the new black

My boss sent me a video today that made me laugh out loud and almost spit chai latte all over my company computer (which would have made me laugh harder, now that I think about it). The monologue is hilarious because there are fundamental truths in the humor, especially for those of us who believe there is a pervading sense of entitlement within our generations.

I've never heard of this Louis CK comedian, but a friend of Conan's is a friend of mine:



Basically, everything is amazing today (with medicine, air travel, Internet, etc.) and no one's happy even though they are "non-contributing zeros," so Louis CK thinks that maybe it's a blessing in disguise that the foundations of capitalism are being shattered -- that way, we'll all be appreciative of when things get good again.

2 comments:

Julie said...

This is the funniest thing I Have seen in awhile. I am going to give you credit and post this on my blog. Thank you, Brunette!!

Crystal said...

Isn't it awesome!? He speaks for me. Glad you liked it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin