Friday, April 24, 2009

Fashionable Fridays: Miss Dior Cherie

I was perusing the latest issue of Elle Magazine two nights ago, getting more and more bummed with the turn of every page due to wanting all that I couldn't afford in the mag, when I came across this beautiful ad for Dior's new fragrance:


I immediately fell in love with the picture. Not only do I love the model's ensemble, but I love the way the picture captures the whimsically magical and romantic side of Paris -- you know, the idealized side of the City of Lights us Americans always imagine it to be like through movies like Amelie and Paris Je T'aime. I'm looking for the original print to frame, minus the Dior wording, but in the meantime I figured that with Paris on my mind, I'd find a way for us girls on a budget to also pull off the Miss Dior Cherie look.

Here's how to capture the look above without breaking the bank (click on pics for prices):


Floating above Paris, optional. ;)

5 comments:

Raquel Stecher said...

I am now in sudden need of a pink dress!!!

Stephanie said...

I love this photo!

Anonymous said...

Agree...this ad should be a poster print!

There is an old children's film from the late 1950s that this photo is remeniscent of: It's called "the Red Balloon" and it shows a magical red balloon making its way through the old parts of Paris with a little boy following...photography transports you to Paris of long ago.

Unknown said...

Where can I get this dress? I mean, the original one!?

DS said...

I love this ad! I also love that pink dress but I don't think I'd be brave enough to wear something like that. I need to branch out more!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin