Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mow the lawn?

All I can say is: "Wow."

Don't know if any of you chickadees saw the Schick Quattro ad that began running a few weeks ago, where potted shrubbery would magically shrink everytime a woman walked by, subconciously telling you that the razor company thinks you should...well, you get the picture.

Anyway, Schick's latest ad just came out and I couldn't help but laugh out loud. You can watch it here.

Thoughts? I'm not even close to being a hardcore feminist by any means, and I can definitely appreciate the humor, but I can't believe they went with this!!! Suffice to say, I'm impressed they are willing to take the risk. It's something you'd expect SNL to whip up to parody a razor commercial, but I guess that's what Schick was going for. Mow the lawn, indeed.

6 comments:

Kit Kat said...

Umm, yeah. Wow about sums it up. I can't believe that's a real commercial! I expect them to get some backlash for it. I don't know if SNL could come up with something worse (better?) than that.

Skinny on South Beach said...

Ha ha ha ha, LOVE it. That is definitely a ballsy commercial, but it grabs your attention and in my opinion is more funny than anything. Thanks for posting this!

Alexander said...

Unbelievable...but awesome at the same time...

asgreen said...

Ha! I can't believe that is a real commercial. I love it =)

A.West said...

Hilarious!!!

MoneyMateKate said...

My jaw hit my chest and is still swinging in gleeful shock. Genius!

This has really been airing here in the US? Because I notice that the website at the end is a .co.uk address. I could totally see this as a commercial they run in the movie theaters over there.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin